Category Archives: Friends
1. Tell me about yourself. I am a 30 year old “Natural Hair Enthusiast” from OKC, OK. I work fulltime, but love to blog and vlog to help uplift, educate, and promote the beauty of natural hair.
2. Did you transition or big chop? I transitioned for 9 months. I received my last relaxer in June 2009 and did my big chop March of 2010.
3. How long have you been natural? I have been natural for a little over 3 years.
4. What is your biggest hair challenge? How did you overcome your challenge? Initially my biggest hair challenge was learning to love my own hair. I received my first relaxer at a very young age and for over 20 years that is all I knew. When I returned back to natural I didn’t know what my own natural hair texture was like and I didn’t know what to expect either. When I starting doing my research the only images I could find of natural hair were either loose, bouncy curls or tightly coiled, kinky textured hair. I figured my hair would be one or the other. However, when my I did my chop and my texture was starting to reveal itself, I soon realized my hair was a mix of many different textures. It was curly, wavy, and coiled. It was definitely not what I expected or hoped for. However, I had to embrace what I was blessed with and I learned how to care for it and in doing that I have fallen in love with my hair. I would not trade my head of hair for no one else’s.
5. What is your hair regimen? My current routine is pretty simple. I mainly co-wash my hair instead of using shampoo. I will co-wash at least once a week and shampoo my hair maybe once every 4-6 weeks. I found that co-washing allows me to keep my hair moisturized, by not stripping my hair like shampoo does and it still gets my hair and scalp clean. My conditioner of choice is Herbal Essence’s Hello Hydration Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. When I shampoo my hair I use Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. I will first put my hair into 4 workable sections and proceed to wash my hair one section at a time. After I am finished with each section apply my conditioner, detangle my hair and let the conditioner sit for about 10 mins. I will rinse it out one section at a time and then squeeze the excess water out. I will then use a cotton shirt to absorb any extra water. Next, I will apply my leave in which is Paul Mitchelle’s The Conditioner to each section and then I will apply my Moisture Butter or Curling Smoothie to my hair to add moisture. I will then apply an oil to seal it all in. My oils of choice are either Sweet Almond or Grapeseed Oil. I will then two strand twist my hair doing 3-4 twists in each section depending on the look I want. I will let the twists sit overnight. Lastly, I untwist my hair, separate with Coconut Oil on my hands, and fluff. My hair always looks moisturized and is defined when I do my twist out. That is my favorite go to hairstyle.
6. What is your favorite style? My fav hairstyle is Twist-out or an Updo!
7. What is your fashion style like? My fashion style is forever changing and I can adapt to whatever atmosphere I am in. I am currently really feeling the Urban Chic look!
8. Where can we find you on-line? What else would you like to add? To me being natural is a lifestyle change rather than a trend. It has opened my eyes and brought awareness to the products that I use on my hair and even the food that I eat, so it has made me more health conscious. Making the decision to return to natural was the best choice I could have made for the health of my hair. The overall health of my hair is better, it is thicker and longer now compared to when I had a relaxer. I love to share the knowledge I have gained by trial and error and by research with others, so you can check me out in the following places:
You can check me out on my blog: http://www.TiffanyNicholsDesign.blogspot.com
Watch me on my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TiffanyNicholsDesign
Follow me on Instagram: @TiffanyNicholsDesign
Like me on Facebook: Tiffany Nichols Design
Hey Lovely Naturalistas! So this past weekend was so jammed packed for me whew! It was my Boyfriends birthday, My little cousins sleepover, My brothers last bball game of the season, my nephew came home to visit, Easter dinner! And I straightened my HAIR!!!!!!!!!
Now March 2013 Length Check: ( My stylist dusted my ends. So It is slightly shorter) It grew some but I Cant tell now LOL but healthy hair is better than longer hair! Remember that ladies!! If you are in Chicago Looking for a natural hair stylist check out Salon Pressure, 1333 W Taylor, Chicago, Il
Looks like the same picture LOL! But it’s not wow… I can’t tell the difference at all!
- How I retain Length ( I guess my secret LOL) I don’t clip my ends often ladies!!! Maybe once a year! I have not had my ends clipped since last year! But, My stylist said my ends and hair was healthy because I take care of it and they didn’t need to be clipped often. I know many long-haired naturals that do this. There is also an article on it found here: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/08/4-lesser-known-practices-of-naturals-with-long-hair/
Here is a recap of my fun-filled weekend in pictures Enjoy! xoxox Michelle
Any hoo Here are some pictures from my weekend!
Hey Naturalista’s!!! I know I am super late with this post LOL! I know this is a hair blog but I also wanted to share some Grammy Looks that I loved as well as some banging Natural Hiar on the red Carpet!!!
Did you guys watch the Grammy’s (I know alot of y’all did dont be shy) LOL!
Well here are a few of my FAVS!!!
I will be posting later this week my staple products video! Also some product reviews! What would you guys like more posts about? Dont be shy LOL I want to deliver what my naturalistas want!!!! Please leave comments below!!! xoxox Michelle
Enjoy your day ladies!!!!!!
Hello Naturalista’s!!! Sorry I have been MIA, I was sick with some sort of stomach bug that had me in the BED!! Any hoo, IM BACK! And with my much awaited Marley/Havana twist tutorial. If you remember a few weeks back I posted about my Marley twist attempt and I FAILED!!! *bows head* BUT… I CONCURED and succeeded!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYY!!!!
Details: The hair I used was called Equal Marley braid Hair, I got it from my local BSS for $5. Many have asked how I got it to look so soft, I researched and this brand was a softer of the Marley hair and more easy to manage
I also used eco styler gel along with my Qhemet twist butter, and ElastaQP mango moisturizer to twist the hair.
So I ended up using 4 packs, because I doubled the hair. I explain it all in my YouTube video found here http://youtu.be/ndMMfjUbmgw
THE TRICK!! Sooooo… I twist right over left … so thats going to the left lol so at the root I twisted the hair to the right and then proceeded to right over left. This always confuses me!!!! If you twist the opposite way reverse . I liked this way because It looks like your real hair. I got so many questions and ALOT of people thought it was mine! HEY NOW !!! LOL ANDDDD I was brave and did my cousins TOO!!! Hope I didn’t confuse y’all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!