Hello everyone!! Sorry I have been a little MIA I know LOL. I was preparing for my housewarming party and getting the house together. whew now that’s over!!
So for my party I decided to try out something new that I have never tried myself before… a rod set!! Let me tell you that I will be doing this style more often… because I LOVE IT!!!
What I used:
- Shampoo : Cream of Nature with Argan Oil
- Deep Contditioner: EdenBodyworks All Natural Deep Conditioner (MY NEW FAV OMG!!!)
- EdenBodyworks Coconut Shea Leave in (LOVE IT)!!
- Design Essentials Curl Enhancing Mousse to set
- White Perm Rods
So I did the set on Friday Night and let it set all day until Saturday Here is a pic before I took the rods out and one before I separated the curls!
The Results after I separated hair:
I was in LOVE with this style!!! I got soooo many complements!! (Even the question of … is that all your hair or a WIG! HA LOL)
Meanwhile at my housewarming party… WE HAD A BLLLLAAASSSTTT… Check out some pics!!
Hope you all have a wonderful day!1 xoxo Michelle
Check out my High Bun tutorial!!
Happy Thursday ladies!!
Hello, my name is Jai. I am 29 years old and I currently reside in Orlando, FL. I was born and raised in New York, NY. I have a degree in Medical Specialization and Certified Medical Billing and coding. I’m working outside my field of study as a personal banker. I am wife and mom to the two special men in my life. God is my best friend. He reminds each day how much I need him and where I would be if I didn’t have his mercy & grace.
2. How long have you been natural?
I have been natural since April 2005 which is 8 years now.
3. Did you transition or Big Chop?
I decided to go natural back in April 2005 when I did my big chop. I had 1 inch of hair all over my head and had already stopped relaxing my hair. I actually did it on my 21st birthday. I told my best friend at the time I was wanted to try something new being I had always had long hair. Once I did it I hated how I looked with short hair it wasn’t until it started growing in, I started to embrace my short hair. I wore sew-ins in the beginning to cover it up until it got to my ear length where I could style it. I stopped relaxing my hair because once I seen I didn’t need it and I can get the same look that a flat iron or a blow out can made give me, I was like what’s the point?! Seeing my natural curls again made me super excited. I knew I would never perm again.
4. What is your biggest hair challenge? How did you overcome your challenge?
My biggest hair challenge was before I made the leap to do my BC. I was relaxing and coloring my hair and it started to literally fall out in clumps. My hair was so damaged at this point even though it was long. I was almost ashamed how bad I got my hair to look. I overcame that by cutting it off and starting over.
5. What is your hair regimen?
I like to wash my hair every week or every other week depending on what style I’m rocking. I use Shea Moisturizer Curl enhancing smoothie or Cantu Shea butter leave in condition to lock in moisture when using my Bantu knot outs and twist outs, if needed I use Castro oil. My shampoo and conditioner I use right now is Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Ultra Shea. When my hair is straight I use an anti frizz heat protector by shine, blow dry hair on a low setting and flat iron it. If I was to use heat I only put it on once and rock it like that for a good two and a half weeks by wrapping my hair at night to preserve. My favorite products right now are Shea Moisturizer Curl enhancing smoothie, catwalk curls amplifier, ecostyler gel, and Castro oil.
6. What is your favorite style?
My absolute favorite hairstyles are my wash n go’s and my Bantu Knot outs. Wash n go’s are effortless for me my hair does what I expect it to do when it’s wet. As for the Bantu Knots my first one was perfect and it only got better when I practice to see how to get the fullness, tightness, and shine. I also like wearing my blow outs or wrapped hair.
7. What is your fashion style like?
I am a very sophisticated classy woman and my style changes without warning. You can see me in Ralph Lauren Polo one day with chuck Taylor’s and the next day I’m in a chic tailored dress or a maxi dresses. So I don’t like to categorize myself in one area. I love fashion and I throw what ever I like together whether its liked by others. My overall style Fabulous!
8. Where can we find you on line? What else would you like to add?
We are all created in God’s image so no matter what people say about you love who you are as a natural. Whether you are transitioning or did a BC stay encouraged it may be hard at first but surround yourself around positive supporters and you won’t be sorry. You will love the choice you made.
1. Tell me about yourself. I am a 30 year old “Natural Hair Enthusiast” from OKC, OK. I work fulltime, but love to blog and vlog to help uplift, educate, and promote the beauty of natural hair.
2. Did you transition or big chop? I transitioned for 9 months. I received my last relaxer in June 2009 and did my big chop March of 2010.
3. How long have you been natural? I have been natural for a little over 3 years.
4. What is your biggest hair challenge? How did you overcome your challenge? Initially my biggest hair challenge was learning to love my own hair. I received my first relaxer at a very young age and for over 20 years that is all I knew. When I returned back to natural I didn’t know what my own natural hair texture was like and I didn’t know what to expect either. When I starting doing my research the only images I could find of natural hair were either loose, bouncy curls or tightly coiled, kinky textured hair. I figured my hair would be one or the other. However, when my I did my chop and my texture was starting to reveal itself, I soon realized my hair was a mix of many different textures. It was curly, wavy, and coiled. It was definitely not what I expected or hoped for. However, I had to embrace what I was blessed with and I learned how to care for it and in doing that I have fallen in love with my hair. I would not trade my head of hair for no one else’s.
5. What is your hair regimen? My current routine is pretty simple. I mainly co-wash my hair instead of using shampoo. I will co-wash at least once a week and shampoo my hair maybe once every 4-6 weeks. I found that co-washing allows me to keep my hair moisturized, by not stripping my hair like shampoo does and it still gets my hair and scalp clean. My conditioner of choice is Herbal Essence’s Hello Hydration Conditioner or Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. When I shampoo my hair I use Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. I will first put my hair into 4 workable sections and proceed to wash my hair one section at a time. After I am finished with each section apply my conditioner, detangle my hair and let the conditioner sit for about 10 mins. I will rinse it out one section at a time and then squeeze the excess water out. I will then use a cotton shirt to absorb any extra water. Next, I will apply my leave in which is Paul Mitchelle’s The Conditioner to each section and then I will apply my Moisture Butter or Curling Smoothie to my hair to add moisture. I will then apply an oil to seal it all in. My oils of choice are either Sweet Almond or Grapeseed Oil. I will then two strand twist my hair doing 3-4 twists in each section depending on the look I want. I will let the twists sit overnight. Lastly, I untwist my hair, separate with Coconut Oil on my hands, and fluff. My hair always looks moisturized and is defined when I do my twist out. That is my favorite go to hairstyle.
6. What is your favorite style? My fav hairstyle is Twist-out or an Updo!
7. What is your fashion style like? My fashion style is forever changing and I can adapt to whatever atmosphere I am in. I am currently really feeling the Urban Chic look!
8. Where can we find you on-line? What else would you like to add? To me being natural is a lifestyle change rather than a trend. It has opened my eyes and brought awareness to the products that I use on my hair and even the food that I eat, so it has made me more health conscious. Making the decision to return to natural was the best choice I could have made for the health of my hair. The overall health of my hair is better, it is thicker and longer now compared to when I had a relaxer. I love to share the knowledge I have gained by trial and error and by research with others, so you can check me out in the following places:
You can check me out on my blog: http://www.TiffanyNicholsDesign.blogspot.com
Watch me on my YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TiffanyNicholsDesign
Follow me on Instagram: @TiffanyNicholsDesign
Like me on Facebook: Tiffany Nichols Design